Back to Postings
Hemotherapy Medical Director for Houston Medical Center - Houston, TX
Hemotherapy Medical Director for Houston Medical Center in Houston, TX.
Forward Pathology Solutions is seeking a Hemotherapy Medical Director to provide professional pathology services to Houston Medical Center in Houston, TX. The Medical Director will be responsible for the development and management of a high quality, mature, hospital based hemotherapy program. The Medical director will work with members of the multidisciplinary support team to evaluate and manage complex transfusion medicine and coagulopathies.
- Board certified or board eligible for Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine by American Board of Pathology and board certified in Clinical Pathology, Internal Medicine, Anesthesiology or Surgery.
- Three years hospital-based medical director experience is required
- Able to provide Intraoperative and Perioperative Anticoagulation and Transfusion management of Cardiovascular procedures, including ECMO and VAD patients.
- Able to direct therapeutic apheresis services, especially in the context of cardiac transplantation.
About HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center:
- HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center is a 444 bed licensed med-surg hospital
- As another step in the growth of the boutique surgical and procedural hospital, in 2021 they are embarking on a comprehensive enhancement and expansion throughout the facility18-bed emergency department
- Two ICU’s (SICU and MICU)
- Three cardiac cath labs
- Two da Vinci robots
- MAKO robot for total joints
- A robust colo-rectal program
- Hospital-based outpatient medical and surgical services
- On-site anesthesiologist 24/7
- 24/7 intensivist program
- Forward Pathology Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of HCA, providing professional pathology services to its network of hospitals in the Houston market and across the HCA enterprise
- Forward Pathology Solutions employs over 170 board certified multispecialty pathologists and provides professional services to over 70 HCA hospitals, Integrated Regional Laboratories, as well as commercial clients
Houston is the nation's fourth-largest city. The most diverse city in America has a lot to offer, including professional sports teams, the theater and museum districts, hundreds of clubs and live music venues. With its gigantic Galleria and more, Houston is a shopper's paradise. Houston's sunny climate makes it easy to enjoy the municipal parks, jogging paths, and bike trails. Piney woods, area lakes, Galveston Bay, and sunny Gulf Coast beaches are all less than an hour away. Families will appreciate the excellence of the area's public and private schools and availability of institutions of higher learning. Texas is a tort-reform state with no state income tax, making it an exceptional place to live and work.
HCA Physician Recruiter
Cell: (915) 521.1643