• JOB BOARD
Back to Postings

Faculty Position, Department of Pathology - Hematopathologist, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital  

2020-12-09

The Division of Hematopathology and Molecular Pathology in the Department of Pathology at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is seeking a faculty hematopathologist at the level of Assistant, Associate, or Full Member (equivalent to the rank of Professor at other academic institutions).

The position is on the Clinical track, with 80% effort devoted to clinical service and the remaining 20% effort will be focused on supporting translational research and personal academic projects. The hematopathology service plays an integral role in numerous St Jude led clinical trials, predominantly focused on acute leukemias.

The successful candidate will have expertise in flow cytometry, morphology, and with the integration of molecular hematopathology testing and interpretation. The appointee will be affiliated with the Hematological Malignancies Program at St. Jude, within which there will be opportunities for collaborative clinical research.

Applicants should submit a letter of application, academic statement, curriculum vitae and the names of three referees  directly online.

Alternatively, application materials can be submitted to:
Jeffery M. Klco, MD,PhD
Director, Division of Hematopathology and Molecular Pathology
Department of Pathology
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
MS #342
262 Danny Thomas Place
Memphis, TN 38105
Email: Jeffery.Klco@stjude.org

Minimum Education

Candidates should have an MD (or equivalent) degree.
In addition to a record of scholarly achievements, candidates must be board-certified in AP or AP/CP, and be board-certified or eligible for board certification in Hematology.
Additional subspecialty training in Molecular Genetic Pathology or Blood Banking and Transfusion Medicine would be encouraged.

Minimum Experience

The successful candidate will have expertise in flow cytometry, morphology, and with the integration of molecular hematopathology testing and interpretation.

Direct Link: https://bit.ly/2VYLFaA