Back to Postings
Academic Hematopathologist – UMass Memorial
Subspecialty interests welcome * Leadership potential
UMass Memorial Health is the largest health care system in Central Massachusetts and the clinical partner of UMass Chan Medical School. The Department of Pathology at UMass Memorial Medical Center currently seeks a full-time Academic Hematopathologist. We are a well-established, collegial, and highly productive team of 35 faculty and 10+ basic scientists.
Enjoy a rewarding and satisfying career at UMass!
- Leadership opportunities are available for qualified candidates, including serving as Director of Hematopathology and/or Program Director for the Hematopathology Fellowship program.
- We have an active residency as well as ACGME-accredited fellowships in GI pathology, women’s pathology, cytopathology, hematopathology and dermatopathology.
- Our molecular laboratory provides exceptional in-house service for oncology care and opportunities for translational research.
- There are many opportunities for teaching and research as a faculty member, with
- translational research opportunities throughout the medical school and hospital, and
- immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry, and molecular diagnostics laboratories within the department.
- Our partnership with the UMass Chan Medical School provides our faculty with the opportunity for longitudinal training, career development, and continuing education as well as access to the latest technology, research, and clinical trials.
- UMass Memorial Medical Center is a tertiary care referral center serving more than one million people in central Massachusetts and the surrounding region.
- With more than 1,100 physicians, the UMass Memorial Medical Group is one of the largest, integrated multispecialty group medical practices on the entire East Coast. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
- The ideal candidate will be BE/BC in AP or AP/CP and Hematopathology. Additional interest or expertise in molecular pathology and other pathology subspecialties will be considered favorably.
Worcester, Massachusetts is rich in history and cultural diversity. You will find
- a broad range of excellent primary and secondary schools;
- several highly regarded colleges including Clark University, The College of the Holy Cross, and Worcester Polytechnic Institute;
- a variety of affordable housing options from newly renovated condominiums to gracious Victorian homes;
- numerous restaurants, theater groups, and concert venues;
- easy access to Boston and Cape Cod as well as Providence and Newport Rhode Island, all of which are within an hour’s drive; and
- a central location in New England with four seasons of recreation with its lakes, mountains, oceans, and forests.
In short, Worcester provides a myriad of social, cultural and recreational amenities making this area a truly desirable location in which to practice and live.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, UMMMG recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
Apply here UMass Memorial Hematopathology or contact Selena Dickherber:
314-887-4922 (text capability)