Faculty, Hematopathologist and Associate Medical Director of Hematology, Core Laboratory
Department of Laboratories, Seattle Children’s Hospital
The Department of Laboratories at Seattle Children’s Hospital is recruiting a full-time hematopathologist faculty member (MD, DO, or MD/PhD) and associate director of the Hematology core laboratory. Candidates must be board-eligible or board-certified in Hematopathology by the American Board of Pathology. Experience in flow cytometry is required, as is training/experience with laboratory oversight. Ideal candidate will have experience in pediatric hematopathology. Candidates with suitable academic records would be eligible for an appointment in the Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology at the University of Washington.
We seek an outstanding hematopathologist physician who demonstrates excellence in clinical care, translational research, and education. The successful candidate should possess strong interpersonal and managerial skills. Hematopathology responsibilities include morphologic interpretation of bone marrows, peripheral blood, lymph nodes and other tissues; flow cytometry analysis of leukemias and lymphomas (diagnostic and minimal residual disease testing), PNH, and immunology tests; and continuing education for physicians and staff. The successful applicant will also serve as Associate Director of Hematology for the Core Laboratory; therefore, interest overseeing a clinical laboratory section is also desired. Excellent opportunities exist for collaborative research and the individual may choose to develop or continue an academic program. The individual will be an integral component of a multi-faceted clinical laboratory staffed by 18 doctoral level faculty.
- MD/DO Degree
- Board eligibility or certification in Hematopathology
- Board certification in Clinical Pathology (CP) or Anatomic and Clinical Pathology (AP/CP)
- Licensed as a Physician in the State of Washington
- Prior to start of employment, must obtain, and maintain in good standing, medical or allied health professional staff privileges that are not limited, revoked, suspended, conditioned, or probationary, except for normal probationary periods due to initial appointment. All medical and allied health professional staff members are provisional for the first year.
- At least three (3) years clinical experience in Hematopathology
Applicants should send their CV and a list of at least four references to Jane Dickerson, PhD and the online application. Please reach out to Dr. Jane Dickerson with any questions about the position (firstname.lastname@example.org).